Access Denied 0x80070005 Errors

I have installed the latest RCT free tools, but when I try to perform any actions (e.g. Machine Policy Retrieval and Evaluation Cycle) I always get an access denied error (code 0x80070005). I usually access the Config Manager Console using a domain admin account which has local admin access.

I’m pretty sure everything is installed OK but I am not sure what is wrong? Are there certain per-requisites needed on the client or server end to make it work?

From browsing the logs I found this in the RightClickDesktop.log, not sure if it’s related but figured it was worth sharing.

2017-08-03 11:15:11,191 [1] ERROR NowMicro.Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.PowerShell.PowerShellPlugin Failed to load PowerShell functions from Computer Actions Folder: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Now Micro\Recast RCT\App_Data\PowerShell\ComputerActions’.

2017-08-03 11:15:11,333 [1] ERROR NowMicro.Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.PowerShell.PowerShellPlugin Failed to load PowerShell functions from User Actions Folder: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Now Micro\Recast RCT\App_Data\PowerShell\UserActions’.

2017-08-03 11:15:11,191 [1] ERROR NowMicro.Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.PowerShell.PowerShellPlugin Failed to load PowerShell functions from Computer Actions Folder: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Now Micro\Recast RCT\App_Data\PowerShell\ComputerActions’.

Thanks!

Are you getting access denied errors when running actions against your local device or against remote devices? If it’s against your local device, you’ll need to close the ConfigMgr console, kill the “Right Click Tools Deskop.exe” process, and relaunch the ConfigMgr console as an administrator. You shouldn’t see access denied errors against remote devices if the console is launched as a user that has administrator permissions on those devices.

Ah, my mistake. I didn’t have these devices joined to the domain. Now that I have fixed that and made some changes to fix other errors, everything works nicely. Thanks!