BitLocker Recovery Keys with CM Integrated MBAM

Now MBAM is integrated into ConfigMgr, how should do we configure the Enterprise version of Right Click Tools, to allow “MBAM BitLocker Recovery Keys” to function.

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to do this (as of right now 11/9/2020) When Microsoft created ConfigMgr Bitlocker, they neglected to bring over the part from MBAM that allows our software to pull the keys from the Database. Because of this we are unable to pull the keys from ConfigMgr Bitlocker at this time.

It’s been a year since the last update, but the topic is still hot… Therefore I want to raise this topic back.

Are there any news on this? It seems that Recast Management Server would like to read keys from database table called RecoveryAndHardwareCore.Keys but the CM integrated MBAM has named it as RecoveryAndHardwareCore_Keys . Difference between table names is UNDERSCORE and DOT. So is the problem in the table name or is it something else?

Hi there!

Our dev team is actively investigating a potential solution to this issue. Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Branden

1 Like

A quick update from our dev team…

“Microsoft has recently added the necessary features for us to add that support and we will prioritize those efforts.”

Please make sure to update to CB 2010 or better so that you’ll be able to make us of it when released.

Thank you for taking care of this.

Since there is going to be an update for the Recast Management Server, I suppose Recast will inform it somehow?

I am curious about this because our ICT team regularly uses MBAM helpdesk and it would be easier, if the RCT could take care of this.

No problem. I added you to the watchlist for the issue. You’ll receive an email when the solution is implemented. It will also be mentioned in the release notes when it is made available.

Definitely! We hope to make this possible for you in the near future. Keep an eye out! :slight_smile: