Configuration options greyed out on Server OS - RCT 5.4

Issue seen in build 5.4.2401.1004.
When installing RCT 5.4.2401.1004 on a Windows Workstation all configuration options are available.

When installing RCT 5.4.2401.1004 on a Windows Server all configuration options are greyed out.

Can you tell me what OS you are seeing this on? So we can try to repro this within our lab.

We have seen this both on Server 2019 - Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.5329)
and Server 2022 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 20348.2227).

I have not tried installing RCT 5.4 on server 2016.

RCT 5.3 runs just fine on both Workstation and Server, so we have gone back to 5.3 on Server OSes.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Good morning!

Garth asked me to test this in my lab and I was not able to reproduce the issue. I don’t have RMS configured with RCT and my options are not grayed out. I was using Windows Server 2022 Standard. If you still seeing the options grayed out, you can put a ticket in with us here: Support Ticket Form - Recast Software

Respectfully,

Alex E.

Technical Support Engineer
support@recastsoftware.com
Learn more at Recast Academy!

Could you also look at the Console Extension logs here: C:\Users\<UserAccountAccessingTheConsole>\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\Logs

Respectfully,

Alex E.

Technical Support Engineer
support@recastsoftware.com
Learn more at Recast Academy!

I will put in a ticket.
The Recast log shows “License is expired”, but inside of the console, it clearly shows that we have a valid license, and that it does not expire until 5/30/2024.

Hi there Jeremy,

Thank you for the update. Can you please send this screenshot along with your logs to support@recastsoftware.com? We look forward to assisting you with this issue. :slight_smile:

Log location: C:\Users\<UserAccountAccessingTheConsole>\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\Logs