Insufficient Permission to run ***

Hi There, I have installed the latest version of free RightClick tool 5.4.2403.901.
When I’m trying to run any action, I’m getting the “Insufficient Permission to run” message!

Hello,

Were you replacing a pervious version?

Also did you change any permissions in the console?

Thanks,
Andy from Recast

Hi Andy,
Yes, we upgraded Recast to the latest version.
and I have FULL Administrator permission on the console. is there any specific permission for Recast needs to be configured in the console?

Thanks,
Renan

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us, here is what I have found;

" * The user running the action in the Configuration Manager console must have Local Administrator permissions on the target device."

Here is the link to the permissions page.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Andy from Recast

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your swift reply.
Our accounts have a local admin privilege to all devices including DP’s. nothing has changed!.
However, after each installation of the recast, the running actions list appears “not grayed out” but after any restart for the system or the configuration manager console, it grayes out again.

I guess it’s an issue with the community free licence as well!!

Hello,

Can you start with the going to the portal and downloading you license again, this could be the easiest solution.

1. Close the Configuration Manager console.

2. Delete all license files from C:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Licenses and %appdata%\Recast Software\Licenses .

3. Copy your most recent license file over to C:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Licenses.

4. Relaunch the console.

Thanks,
Andy from Recast

Hello Andy,

it’s a free community lic, however, I tried the above septs before and now again but sadly it didn’t work!
the options are still grayed out for me.

Best,
Renan

Hello,

Give this a try:

Remove the following items if any exist currently
Folders:
\ProgramData\Recast Software
\AppData\Roaming\Recast Proxy
\AppData\Roaming\RecastRCT
Registry entries:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Recast Software
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Recast Software
Afterwards, please install the latest version of Right Click Tools available from https://www.recastsoftware.com/free-tool-download/ and let us know if issues persist?

Thanks,
Andy from Recast

Hi Andy,

Despite following the instructions you provided me earlier, after starting the ConfigManager, the RCT was solid. I faced an error message of “Insufficient Permissions” when I tried to take any action. So I restarted the MECM, and the RCT greyed out again.
It was a frustrating experience, and I was unable to use RCT properly because of it.

I would be grateful if you could look into this matter and provide me with a solution. I appreciate the support you have provided me so far, and I am confident that with your expertise, we can resolve this issue promptly.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Best,
Renan

Hello Ren,

Sorry to here this is still not working for you. Can I have you put in a ticket?

This way we can get more attention on this issue.

Support@recastsoftware.com

Thanks,
Andy from Recast