Kiosk Profile will not apply

I have 3 surface tablets that have been set up as kiosks that have been running successfully for over a year. I removed their profiles to install an app, but now when I try to re-apply the profile everything says successful and the tablets reboot, but the profile does not apply.

When I check applied profile status, it shows “removed.” I’ve cleared out all of the recast folders from program files, program data, appdata, and tried to re apply the profile, but nothing has been working.

I am on the latest build of enterprise server. The profiles were originally applied on an older version of Recast Server. I can apply profiles to machines that have never been kiosks before.

Anyone else run into this issue?

I have the exact same issue, profiles had been working fine previously.

From the logs:

Application: Configurator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at System.IO.Path.Combine(System.String, System.String)
at Recast.Software.Loader.LicenseFileProviderBase.GetLicenses2()
at Recast.Software.Loader.ComboLicenseFileProvider.GetLicenses2()
at Recast.Software.Loader.LicenseLoaderInternal.GetLicenses(Recast.Software.LicenseType, System.Guid)
at Recast.Software.Loader.LicenseLoaderInternal.GetRecastLicenseStatus(Recast.Software.LicenseType, System.Guid)
at Recast.Software.Loader.LicenseLoader.GetRecastLicenseStatus(Recast.Software.LicenseType, System.Guid)
at Configurator.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at Configurator.App.Main()

Faulting application name: Configurator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x615b5961
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.572, time stamp: 0x1183946c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x2200
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ea9e42c9fb14
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Recast Software\Configurator\Configurator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 52a1389d-144c-43e1-a1b4-764808fd8775
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

No fix currently

Interesting, thanks for the reply

Are you using a Recast Management Server by chance? If so, can you verify the version of your Management Server and the Right Click Tools version you have installed?

Same. Just upgraded to Recast Management Server 4.8.2109.4101 and RCT version 4.8.2109.3303. Agent version is 4.8.2109.3601.Previously I was on version 4.7.2106 and it worked. Please let us know what’s up. I can upload logs if necessary. Need this fixed ASAP. Let me know if I need to open a ticket. We need this to swap machines in production.

I have just upgraded to 4.8.2110.5301 as it states it fixes the Kiosk profile issue and I still have the same issue as before.

Please update all of your installed Recast applications to the latest available versions. Afterwards, apply a new kiosk profile to the machines. Applying a new profile will push down the latest version of Configurator onto the machine. Please let us know if issues persist for you after.

I can confirm this is now working! Thanks

1 Like

I upgraded all of the components and applied a brand new profile. Still not working on my endpoints.

Is there any update on this please? The latest version of the application still does not work for applying Kiosk profiles.

I worked with Support and found on mine that it was a permissions issue on my server. Under Routes, I needed to bump my service account up in priority.

Once that change was made, my profiles applied to the kiosks