Missing AdminUI.UIResources.resources.dll

Hello,

We are trying the Right Click Tools.

Since some times, we have slow down into the console.

Today I decided to launch a procmon to see what’s going on.

For a lot of actions into the console (maybe all) like switching between collections, there are calls to a missing DLL :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Recast Software\Recast RCT\AdminUI.UIResources.resources.dll

This DLL is not present. We have an other installation on an other server, the DLL is missing too.

I uninstalled Recast tool and the console is fast again ; do you know what’s the problem ?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Thomas

What version of the ConfigMgr console do you have installed? Do you have any language packs installed? Do you see that file anywhere under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin? We don’t have that dll file either, but Process Monitor doesn’t show the console trying to load it in our environment.

Thanks,
Chris

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

ConfigMgr version : 1806 / 5.1806.1074.1507

RCT Installed version was : 3.2.6887.24316

I don’t find the DLL under “Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin” :

I don’t understand why we have this strange load and you don’t.

Thomas, do you have any language packs installed on this system?

Thank you.

Mark

Hello,

we are having the same issue. It’s incredibly slow. Console is 1806 5.1806.1074.1507

Thanks for the information @danielsan. Could you upload a screenshot of your preferred languages in Windows?

Thanks,
Chris

We are using swiss german - but it’s also slow on a machine running US English

Hello,
Sorry for my late reply.

Here my screenshot :
2019-02-13_09-05-25

Thanks,
Thomas

As i mentioned earlier it’s trying to access the missing “AdminUI.UIResources.resources.dll”.
There is a “AdminUI.UIResources.dll” (without the 2nd resources in it’s name) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin of SCCM Console.

I just tried to copy that file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Recast Software\Recast RCT and renamed it to AdminUI.UIResources.resources.dll and boom - high speed SCCM Console :slight_smile:

Is this file missing in your package?

Thanks for digging into that, I’m glad to hear that helped speed up your console. We don’t actually use that dll file and I’m not completely sure why the console is looking for that particular file in our directory and not any of its other files. @ThomasP, could you try copying that file over and see if it helps your console? I’ll add an installation step to copy that in if it helps solve the console slowness issue.

1 Like

@ThomasP don’t forget to rename it from:
AdminUI.UIResources.dll -> AdminUI.UIResources.resources.dll

EDIT

Ok bad news. In certain other sections of SCCM it’s still slow and it’s looking for another DLL now which is also not in the directory!

@chrism do you have an update for us?

I’m having a hard time reproducing this internally. What languages do you have installed in ConfigMgr setup?

We have German and English installed

Could you try running the following PowerShell and let me know if it helps your performance issues? Note that you may need to change the first line to match the path to your resource files.

$folder = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\de"
$recastFolder = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Recast Software\Recast RCT"

foreach($file in Get-ChildItem $folder)
{
    New-Item -ItemType HardLink -Path "$recastFolder\$($file.Name)" -Value $file.FullName
}