Ping systems columns different

With v4 there one more column named “Title” in the Ping System window:
rct

My problem is, i have to scroll or make the window bigger to see the ip address.
I don’t understand, why it’s necessary to show the computername thrice (Title, ComputerName, ReplyFromHostName).

When i compare with version 3 there is no “Title” column.
rct_v3

And i see in the column “ReplyFrom” the ip address.

Are there a plan to “fix” this in upcoming release?

This has been added to the backlog - we’ll post here when we’ve fixed the issue. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

image

You should see this resolved in our next release. Thanks again for reporting it!

1 Like

This issue has been fixed in release version 4.0.7270 which was released today (12/5/2019)

I have downloaded and installed over the previous version.
After the menu is greyed out:
rct_greyed_out

I uninstalled RCT and reboot.
Then i install the new version again with success but next error message comes up:
rct_ping

I am going back to version 4.0.7230.35407 and all works fine again!
Any ideas why this happens?

Could you try installing the newest version again and send the logs from %AppData%\RecastRCT\Logs to support@recastsoftware.com if you see the same behavior?

Thanks,
Chris

Unfortunately the ping error was not solved with version 4.0.7286.32780 .
I tried again to reinstall the RCT but nothing changed.
So i deleted all folders from RecastRCT %appdata%\roaming (all userprofiles) and %programfiles(x86)% .
After a reboot and installing again, the error was gone!
We will upgrade the RCT on a server 2016 in the next days. I hope there is no problem.

Maybe it’s possible to change the first column “Title” to “Computername”?
image

Hello Chris!
I found a new bug in the version 4.0.7286.32780 :frowning_face:
My console crashes very often.
Sometimes when i pinging devices with the status unknown.

image

when the option

is enabled.
But not every crash happens when i ping devices.
Sometimes i click on “Community” and the console crashs.

Could you reproduce this error?

Could you reproduce the crash and send the logs to support@recastsoftware.com as well as any application event log events related to .NET around the time of the crash? We’ve checked in a fix for an occasional crash for the next release, but I can’t say for sure it will fix your issue without looking at some logs.

Thanks,
Chris

I have upgraded the RCT to version 4.1.1912.33189 on our Server 2016.
No issues so far.

First crash on Server 2016 :slightly_frowning_face:

Application Error

Faulting application name: Right Click Tools Desktop.exe, version: 4.1.1912.33189, time stamp: 0x5e0e35ca
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3383, time stamp: 0x5ddcb9ff
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000dc232
Faulting process id: 0x5008
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5d067d06211f8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Recast Software\Recast RCT\Right Click Tools Desktop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 34a4db58-322c-4b6a-850a-8f2f76171083
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

.NET Runtime:

Application: Right Click Tools Desktop.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(System.String, System.String, System.Text.Encoding, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(System.String, System.String)
at Recast.Software.Loader.ProgramDataLicenseFileProvider.UpdateLicense(Recast.Software.LicenseManifest`1<Recast.Software.RctLicense>)
at Recast.Software.Loader.LicenseLoaderInternal+<>c__DisplayClass5_1+<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I saw this a little late, but thanks for reporting the issue. I’ve added it to the backlog.