Recast v4.9.2209 - Issue

Hello,

I have right-click tools version 4.9 community installed.

When i install the tool and try to open it, it looks like windows is trying to process the request but never opens the app. A little circle appears like its opening but then nothing.

When I open SCCM v2111 and navigate to anything off the home screen, SCCM application just closes on me. I assume its crashing.

I did reach out to support and they mentioned making sure ‘run in configmgr console process’ is selected but I never get the option to look and see because the app wont open.

I am running on a virtual desktop, windows 10 enterprise, 4core, 8gb, and 120gb disk space.

I have tried running your app in both default and as administrator and i get the same results.

Is anyone else having this issue?

thanks in advanced

Mbaker7

I am actually having a similar issue with this update. Whenever I try to use any of the tools, the console crashes and I do have the checkbox ‘run in ConfigMgr console process’ on.

However, doing a clean re-install seems to have fixed the issue as I previously just updated over the old version.

I get some errors in the eventlog that could help narrow it down perhaps:

EventID 1 Source: Critical

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask System.Threading.Channels.ChannelWriter`1.WriteAsync(!0, System.Threading.CancellationToken)'.
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient.<RunAction>d__27.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient.RunAction(String plugin, String action, List`1 parameters, Action`1 actionProgress, Action`1 actionError)
   at RCT.Plugin.Device.ClientTools.RemoteSoftwareCenter.ApplicationUserDeviceViewModel.<refreshBackground>d__17.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

EventID 1 Source: Citical

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask System.Threading.Channels.ChannelWriter`1.WriteAsync(!0, System.Threading.CancellationToken)'.
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient.<RunAction>d__27.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient.RunAction(String plugin, String action, List`1 parameters, Action`1 actionProgress, Action`1 actionError)
   at RCT.Plugin.Device.ClientTools.RemoteSoftwareCenter.SoftwareUpdatesViewModel.<refreshBackground>d__115.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

EventID 1026 Source: .NET Runtime

Application: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.MissingMethodException
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient+<RunAction>d__27.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Start[[Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient+<RunAction>d__27, Recast.RCT.Client.SignalR, Version=4.8.2110.12201, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<RunAction>d__27 ByRef)
   at Recast.RCT.Client.SignalrRecastClient.RunAction(System.String, System.String, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Object>>, System.Action`1<Recast.RCT.DataStructures.RecastResultEnvelope>, System.Action`1<Recast.RCT.DataStructures.RecastResultEnvelope>)
   at RCT.Plugin.Device.ClientTools.RemoteSoftwareCenter.ApplicationUserDeviceViewModel+<refreshBackground>d__17.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

EventID 1000 Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe, version: 5.2207.1049.1000, time stamp: 0xea37ccd4
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.3532, time stamp: 0x95b80d84
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00125232
Faulting process id: 0x352c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8df1527495a37
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ConfigMgr Console\bin\Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: fa07701f-c163-48b7-b4be-8f974d2a9e46
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

EventID 1001 Source: Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 2018295107498866121, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LRE420M52QQYT0KWXNWESOVVMQF5I2RH
P2: 5.2207.1049.1000
P3: ea37ccd4
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.8.4510.0
P6: 624620bb
P7: 5d07
P8: 2c
P9: System.MissingMethodException
P10: 
1 Like

Thank you for sharing the logs, @aas . Are you still encountering any of the previous issues or did the clean re-install resolve everything?

Hi @mbaker7 ,

When you have a second, can you uninstall Right Click Tools using Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed, reinstall, and let us know if the issues resolve?

Best,

Branden

Actually, looks like the issue did come back after a little while.

Same errors and console crashes.

Thank you for the update. Can you please follow the steps in this guide: Configuration Manager Version 2207 Compatibility | Recast Docs and let us know if the crashes resolve after?

1 Like

I have tried this ‘fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed’. It was successfull in removing right-click tools. My SCCM works fine. That was never the problem. The problem is when i install Right-click it caused my config manager v2111 to close once its open for about 15-20secs.

Thank you for your attention on this. Its driving me nuts :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I hope all is well. By chance when ConfigMgr closes does it happen once something is selected or on it’s own immediately? Are you also currently running Recast Management Server by chance?

it seems to close the application after about 15-20 seconds. I can see if its dependent on me clicking on anything once the application is loaded.

ok, so opening sccm and not clicking on anything does not cause the application to close. so the main screen on assets and compliance > overview we are fine but once you click on anything that take your from that ‘overview’ page, it causes the sccm application to close.
if I uninstall right-click tools, everything works fine.

mbaker

I checked my system event logs to see whats going on and if there was anything helpful

I’m getting and application error

Faulting application name: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe, version: 5.2111.1056.1004, time stamp: 0xccebf047
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0x3206f737
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012df72
Faulting process id: 0x2db4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8dfef08eb1cc1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Endpoint Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 271e498d-e918-4e7c-9b53-44429a5c575d

Im getting a .Net Runtime Error

Application: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection, System.String, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement, UInt32, System.String ByRef)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.Administration.SqliteDataStore.AddSetting(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String)
at Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.Administration.Administration.AddSetting(Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.Abstractions.SettingScope, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String)
at Recast.RCT.Server.RecastRCTEnterpriseServer+d__27.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

And Im getting a Critical Error

code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error
no such table: Settings
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.Administration.SqliteDataStore.AddSetting(String pluginName, String name, String value, String username)
at Recast.RCT.Server.Plugins.Administration.Administration.AddSetting(SettingScope settingType, String pluginName, String name, String value, String username)
at Recast.RCT.Server.RecastRCTEnterpriseServer.d__27.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_1(Object state)

Hope this helps

Michael

Hi, im just following up on this. didnt know if anyone from recast found anything yet.

thank you

Hi Michael,

When you have a second, can you test if closing the console, deleting both of these files from C:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Recast, and relaunching the console resolves the crashing for you?

Branden
Thank you for getting back to me

Unfortunately that did not work either. I closed the SCCM console, opened windows explorer, navigated to those two files, deleted them, empty recycle bin, and restarted the SCCM console. Once up, navigated off the home screen and within 5-10 seconds it force closed the application.

I also tried a new virtual machine and a new install of the SCCM admin console. Are we sure there is nothing in users profile folder that’s causing this issue? If others are able to use this program (same version) with no issues, maybe the issue is local to their users account.

Hello. I have similiar problems with crashes of MECM Console, v2207, and latest Recast RCT Ent. Everytime, when I right click on any computer at LAPS Dashboard or Bitlocker Compliance (at Asset and Compliance / Recast Software), console crashes to desktop without any error message. I tried to delete both sqlite files, You mentioned above, reinstall console, RCT, HP MIK (official HP tool for MECM to manage HP computers). Nothing helped. But problem is on dashboards only. Other tools works fine. Thank You.

No problem. Thank you for confirming. Please close the console, delete this folder: C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\RecastRCT, relaunch the console, and let us know if the crashes resolve for you.

This specific behavior is a confirmed bug and should be resolved in a future release. When you have a second, can you send an email to to support@recastsoftware.com to report that you’re encountering the bug and we can add you to the watch list? We will let you know as soon as a fix is released to address this.