Running on Remote Console as another user

Hi,

I’m trying to run the right click tools on a Remote console on a remote untrusted domain. I’m starting the console with user credentials from the original sccm domain and the console works and connects, so all firewall openings between remote console and SCCM Primary is open.

When I try to run any of the Right Click tools on the remote console in the remote domain to connect to clients that are in the same nework as the remote console, I get the following error message:

“Error - Could not find .online”
"Error Message: Exception calling “Send” with “1” arguments(s) “An exceptopn occured during a Ping request.”

I just want to try to understand if this scenario is suppose to work? I suspect that is is due to credentials that is is not working. Is there someway to run the right click tools as another user?

Thank you for an awesome tool!

As a side not, using the remote console on the remote domain with the built in right click tool Client Notification > Download Computer Policy seems to be working to the clients in the remote domain.

Are you using the runas /netonly method? If that’s the case, I wouldn’t expect this to work because the tools are launched in a separate process as the same user that owns the ConfigMgr console process. When you launch with the /netonly parameter, the ConfigMgr console is launched as the session user but communication happens using the credentials specified. These credentials are not passed to new processes spawned by the ConfigMgr console, so it uses the user account that the tools are running as (the same user as the ConfigMgr console is running as), which does not have permissions in the remote untrusted domain.

The reason client notification works is that everything happens within the same ConfigMgr console process, so the /netonly credentials are still valid.

If you’re using the enterprise tools, I believe you can get around this by specifying Windows credentials in Credential Manager for the Recast server, though I haven’t tested this particular use case.