SCCM RCT Redirects to C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Powershell

Hi,

Why whenever I try to run tools like interactive command prompt, does a new Explorer windows open up at C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Powershell and points to the following file
System.Center.Service.Manager.psm1

How can I get the RCT tools to work?

Thanks

This sounds like our PowerShell install script is detecting the wrong folder. Could you try rerunning the install.ps1 script in C:\Program Files (x86)\Now Micro\Right Click Tools? If this still doesn’t work, try adding this line at line 32 of the install.ps1 script, and rerun it:
$ConfigInstallPath = “PathToConfigMgrConsoleInstall”

The PathToConfigMgrConsoleInstall should be replaced with the actual path, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole

Thanks ChrisM,

I have made the change and then ran the PowerShell script and it completes with no output. How can I confirm it has run and completed? I still encounter the error when trying RightClick Tools

Can you try setting the SMS_ADMIN_UI_PATH to the bin\i386 folder in the ConfigMgr console install folder and try reinstalling the Right Click Tools? My SMS_ADMIN_UI_PATH is pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386

I was having a problem with the new Now Micro Right Click Tools. I would receive a brief hourglass, but the tool did nothing. I ran Process Monitor and found that the vbs scripts that launch powershell were making their way through each directory in the PATH variable, and ultimately settling on my Service Manager install directory because it contains a folder named Powershell.

I think there are two options - either modify the Local Machine PATH, placing C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0 near the beginning, or simply modify the vbs scripts to include the full path to powershell.exe (C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe).

Editing the PATH is probably the better option so you ensure you don’t have this problem with other scripts.