Server Trial in 3.2

As many already know, Recast 3.2 Community gives a free 30 day trial license of Recast Desktop Enterprise. As you may not know, we have combined the license files for the Desktop and Server portions into one single file with 3.2. As such, if you would like to try out the Recast Server component with your Recast Desktop Enterprise trial, you can!

Once you activate the free trial of Recast Desktop Enterprise on the 3.2 version, a new license file will be dropped in C:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Licenses on the machine you are using. When running through the install of Recast Server, just reference that license file when prompted, and you should be good to go!

1 Like

I would love to give this a go, but the license files that I see are *.license. When installing Recast RCT Server, the license files are looking for a file type of *.bin. I am using "Recast_RCT_Server_Latest.msi. I must be doing something wrong, can you give more details on how to generate the correct license file? Or maybe I need to download a different server installer msi?

Edit: Found that I should sign in to the portal to find the most recent release client and server versions. Used the latest server installer and it no longer needed a .bin license file. Disregard!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you were able to get it going. Yes, we changed the license file format for 3.2 forward. You probably had an old MSI. Let us know if you have any questions!