Software Updates Deployment Status - Unknown

Since we installed RCT Enterprise, all reporting from the Recast Software Update Deployment Status is coming back as unknown. The tool reads all our Collections and Software Update Groups and when we start the report it comes back with all of our machines. The issues is the “State” stays as “Unknown” for all machines.

The Software Update Deployment Status reads its information from the ConfigMgr Database. You need to ensure that the account you are logged into the ConfigMgr console or the Service Account you used for the Recast Proxy if you are using that with Recast Management Server has permission to read from the database directly.

We have some documentation about this issue located here: Configuring Permissions for the ConfigMgr SQL Database

Thanks for the response Marty.

I’ve just fixed the issue - updating in case anybody stumbles upon this.

In Configure Recast RCT the address I put in under RCT Enterprise Server was FQDN. I changed to the shortname and this has now resolved the issue. I now have full SUDS reports.

1 Like

Hey there,

I have the same problem,
all clients in the dashboard are “unknown”.
I already checked the SQL permissions and the permissions/scopes in RMS.
I tried to login with different users but no luck.

I have installed the proxy on my primary SCCM server.
I have created a scope for “configmgr site” for my primary server.
At the routes the proxy is at the top before the agent and the rct.

Any ideas why its still “unknown”?

Thank you
Tobias

Hi Tobias!

Hope all is well! Can you try changing your RCT Enterprise Server from the FQDN to its shortname under “Configure Recast > General > RCT Enterprise Server” and let us know if this resolves the issue for you as well?

Hey Branden,

that was the trick, now its working :slight_smile:

Many thanks to you!

1 Like

Happy to hear! :slight_smile: Take care.

I have updated to the latest version of Recast Management Server and Right Click Tools.
Confirmed service account has permissions to read from SQL database.
Have changed RCT Enterprise Server to short name, as per previous posts.
Still get Unknown state for any updates.
All other dashboards work fine.

Any ideas?

Hey all,

I’m also experiencing the same issue, occurring in both RCT and the Software Updates dashboard in RMS.
When running on RMS I get a ‘Quota violation’ error.
Would appreciate any guidance.

Cheers

Hey there,

When you have a second, can you confirm if you are on 5.0 for both Recast Management Server and Right Click Tools and if the dashboards were working prior to upgrading? If 5.0, if you test your service connection for MEMCM, does it return a successful test or an error?

Best,

Branden

Hey Branden,

Thank you for your response.
We are running 5.0.
Prior to 5.0 we weren’t running RMS, just RCT standalone, so sadly I can’t confirm that for you.
MEMCM connection tests successful.

Cheers

Would you by chance be able to send your log files from C:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Logs on your Recast Management Server box to support@recastsoftware.com? This will generate a ticket and we can investigate this further with you.