SQLite Error 14

When i try and use any of the tools, i get the error “SQLite Error 14: ‘unable to open database file’.” this has only started happening since my account was given temporary admin rights to upgrade the configuration manager console on the server in question. Other users can still use all tools without issue. I’ve had the software re-installed with no luck. I can use it on 3 other servers without issue, 2 of which i upgraded the console but without the need for elevated permissions.

Hey there,

On the server where you’re seeing the error, can you see if you able to open either of these locations in file explorer using the same account that you use to access the ConfigMgr console?

C:\Users\YourUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\ConsoleExtension.sqlite
or
C:\Users\YourUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\RecastRCT\ManagementDB.sqlite

Best,

Branden

If i access *C:\Users\YourUserAccount\AppData\Roaming* there is no Recast folder, only Microsoft.

A colleague who’s right click tools do work, has C:\Users\YourUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Recast Software\Console Extension\ConsoleExtension.sqlite i’ve taken a copy of their Recast Software and deleted the log file but it doesn’t appear to work still.

Presumably the issue is the lack of Recast folders in my profile.

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay. If you attempt to uninstall the tools using Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support, and then install attempt to install again, is the installation successful and are you able to access the tools?

Best,

Branden