Unable to uninstall old version of RCT

Downloaded the new 4.1 version of RCT. During the install it appears to attempt to uninstall the old version. I’m prompted with a message that it cannot find the ‘Right Click Tools-4.0.7206.1454-132137607296446438.msi’ file. I didn’t hold onto the previous download and the new msi can’t be used as a replacement for this file.

That’s weird, the 4.0 install should be cached in the OS for this exact reason.

I’m assuming/hoping the 4.1 failed and didn’t continue? If so, have you tried uninstalling 4.0? If so, does it actually uninstall or does it give you the same thing?

It did fail yes. I then attempted to uninstall from Programs and Features, same result.

Can you try uninstalling it from the cmdline: msiexec /x {ProductCode}

Let me know if you can’t find the ProductCode in the registry and I’ll try and get it for you.

I get the same message that it cannot locate the installation package ‘Right Click Tools-4.0.7206.1454-132137607296446438.msi’ and asks for a location.

I used a Microsoft tool at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed to remove the old RCT. Was able to install the new version after that.

Awesome, came here to post a link to the old installer but looks like you got it figured out.

What I suggest to hopefully avoid any wonky stuff in the future is uninstalling 4.1, making sure our Programs File folder is fully gone, and installing it again.