WOL Problem RCT Community Edition v5

Hi all, I downloaded the Right Click Tools community edition to integrate into our SCCM.
Unfortunately I have problems with the WOL, in the sense that, despite having configured the port and disabled the unicast,when I try to turn on the machine, the port displayed is always 0 and not 1792 as per our configuration.
I created an account and logged into your portal (https://portal.recastsoftware.com), and downloaded version 3.2, which unfortunately
it works intermittently, once the port is displayed, and the machine turns on, other times the port is 0 and the pc doesn’t turn on.
Same beahviour on th version 5 recentoly released
I’m using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager ver. 2207 on windows 2022 servers.
Any idea?
Thanx

Does version 5.3.2312.503 solve the issue where the wol packet always goes to Port 0 when waking up a single computer? Waking up a Collection uses the correct port that you set in the Recast Configuration but not for a single computer.

Hello!

After testing the WOL tool in Configuration Manager while on 5.3.2312.503, I was unable to replicate the issue. Can you enable console debugging, then replicate the issue with WOL and send the two logs listed below to support@recastsoftware.com:

Right Click Tools
Console Extension Debug Logs

Here is how you can gather the logs:
Logs for Right Click Tools | Recast Docs (recastsoftware.com)